Easy- Peasy Scrum-didli-umptious Granola!
What's better than delicious nutritious crunchy granola?
Delicious nutritious crunchy homemade granola fresh out-of-the-oven customized to your ideal macros and taste, that's what!!!
Watch tutorial (with fun tips!) LIVE from our home kitchen
Delicious nutritious ingredients!
- 1 & 3/4 cups of raw or roasted nuts and/or seeds of your choice. The sky's the limit here in terms of the combo you use! Almonds, pecans, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, unsweetened coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, dehydrated berries or keto chocolate chips.*NOTE: Some nuts like cashews and pistachios are higher on the glycemic index than those mentioned above. *NOTE: If you use salted nuts/ seeds balance the salt by adding some unsalted.)
- 1 Large egg white
- 1/4 cup Fat. Can use butter (We prefer grass fed), ghee or coconut oil for a dairy free option. (Measure solid)
- 6-8 tablespoons Sweetener of your choice.
- 1 teaspoon Extract of your choice. Vanilla, almond and maple are popular options. You can also play with just about anything, including lemon zest, cocoa powder or spices like cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- Pinch of salt if using unsalted nuts/ seeds
- Measuring spoons/ cups
- 1 Large mixing bowl
- 1 Large mixing spoon
- 1 Large or two small cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
- Food processor (Optional)
What to do!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- With parchment paper, line cookie sheet/s.
- If you prefer smaller chunks or uniform granola, use a food processor, starting with your hardest nuts first, adding each nut according to hardness, pulsing a few times just until well mixed and nuts are 1/2- 1/4 size. Whole seeds are fine.*NOTE: You can also use your hands, a knife or the bottom of a water glass to break up the pieces! (The granola pictured was made without a food processor.)
- Uniformly mix in sweetener and any spices or salt you may be using Separate egg and add the white only to the mixture.
- Melt butter in microwave or stovetop. *NOTE: If you prefer a caramelized flavor, melt butter in saucepan and stir until golden.
- Combine melted butter and any extract of choice, uniformly stirring into mixture.
- Spoon or pour mixture onto baking sheet and spread uniformly.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until golden brown (Generally between 15-21 minutes depending on oven). Start checking at 15 minutes.
- Allow to completely cool before breaking into pieces. (Granola will crisp up as it cools.)
- Break apart *NOTE: Can use your hands, a knife a rolling pin or anything else you can think of!
- Whip up some homemade almond milk!